Did you see Schweppes Short Film Festival?
You want viral videos? This is it. You want good short films, there you go. Congratulations to Schweppes (btw my favorite movie was; Signs).
However, I still believe that the best way to make good viral movies is through a competition. Let’s give everybody a chance to make the viral video. It is amazing to see how much young (& also experienced) talent is out there, who want to make a breakthrough through a competition.
I think the best idea for marketing managers in 2009 is organizing a good video competition. Critical success factors and major portions of the project will be;
– a good concept and framework for the video’s scope (not too much focus on the brand, see: Schweppes)
– a proven/famous jury list
– a good web site
– good online PR (and offline PR)
– SEM campaign and social media advertising
– interesting awards & a nice award organization
And the budget for the competition should be at least $100,000, to have a big impact and positive ROI.